So...took Izzy to the doctor Monday night for what appeared to be a nasty eye infection and fever. She's had a cold since Sunday, and I'm sure they're all related somehow, but the doctor said she had a fever of 102 degrees, an eye infection, ear infection...and she has the runny nose and cough. He prescribed an antibiotic and told us to give her 1 tsp of Tylenol every 4 hours (isn't that a lot for a 9 month old baby???). She continues to have a fever. Today it ranged from 100.6 - 101.2. Any advice on how to bring a fever down for a baby besides Tylenol??? I'm still new at this.
Gavin's Graduation
4 months ago







7 comments:
I'm so sorry. There are few things worse than a sick baby. I don't have any brilliant ideas, but babies over 6 months can have motrin (infant's ibuprofen) and from what I have read and experienced, it breaks fevers much better. Just call your dr so they can tell you how much to give her based on her weight. Good luck!!!
The best way to get a fever to go down and stay down is alternate between tylenol and ibuprofen. If you don't already have it, you get a book called "What to Expect During the First Year" it's got tons of info in it, including a dosage guide for fever reducers so you don't have to always call your doctor. It was my bible with my first. :)
I totally love it when I can give my kids motrin! I'm pretty sure that it's the same amount of motrin as tylenol (1 tsp) and I always alternate every 3 hours. Another quick fix is a "warm" bath. It always worked for my boys. I am so sorry she is sick, nothing worse than a sick baby. Hope she is getting better.
I hope she get's feeling better. I'd just agree with the alternating tylenol and ibuprofen. It's so frustrating when the little ones get sick!
So in my "bible" for baby problems it talks about medications like everyone said. It also reccommends sponging or a tepid bath (meaning just warm enough to bath in comfortably, but not overly warm). Other tips are: drink plenty of fluids, try popsicles (this one did work well with Braxton). That's all I've got for you, but yeah it says to alternate the tylonol and motrin. Good luck!
well, since I don't have any at the moment I don't have a clue on what to tell you I think a lot of hugs and kiss will help :0)
Hi! Dont really know how I landed in this post, oh the joys of blog stalking I guess, but my name is Atzimba and I live in ID. I am LDS and have two kids.
So a comment to your question about what to give kids instead of Tylenol. I have tried "Belladona" tablets, they come in small tablets like teething tablets of the brand Hyland's and are super safe. Lots of water and maybe even some essential oils massaged along the spine and voila! Hope this helps for another time, and hope there's not another time.
Post a Comment