Organizing Junkie

Home Organization

Moda Bake Shop!

Moda Bake Shop

Followers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Helmet

Well, Izzy is now sporting her plagiocephaly cranial remolding helmet. She doesn't seem to mind it at all and has actually slept really well in it. She is her usual happy self. I think its more uncomfortable for Brad and I to see her in it all day, than it is for her to be in it. It was a plain white medical looking helmet when we first received it...so we jazzed it up a bit. I think she's feeling pretty cool in it now. Brad wanted to paint it orange with a big 20 on it (for you non-nascar people, that's Tony Stewart's number). He of course, lost. Here are the before and after pics of her helmet.

11 comments:

Monica said...

You did a great job making it look cute. I bet she'll get more compliments than questions cuz it's so cute. Hope it doesn't take long though before she's without it.

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Kerri's. I just wanted to let you know that my little girl had to have the helmet too. She was about 4-5 months old. The time will fly and before you know it you will hardly remember she had to wear it. It really does make a huge difference so be faithful in making her wear it. She is a cutie:)

Carly said...

Robin! I never knew you were so crafty! :) It looks so cute, I love it! I'm glad Brad's idea was vetoed... the flowers are just too cute. Good job!

Our Little Family said...

So Cute. You did a wonderful job of making it look girly. Great Job mom!!

Anonymous said...

YOu did a awesome job. She is so cute. I need your address. Kristen is having a scensty party and we want to send you a invite. You can email me at ldsmomy@hotmail.com

Melanie said...

I just love those chubby legs of hers. :D Great job on the helmet. It look like to bought it that way :#)

Cara said...

You made Izzy's helmet look so adorable! I know how hard it is to have a child look different. Just remember that most people stare because they are merely curious, not trying to be rude. Although, there are definitely some rude people out there too! She's so adorable, people probably won't even notice.

Net said...

She's adorable in anything you put her in. Aren't you glad there are things like this to help with crazy stuff?

Chelsea said...

I like how you decorated her 'hat'! I found these and think you should get one to complete her look! Loves!

http://www.cafepress.com/preciousbambino/114453

Amy said...

Robin, She is the cutest baby girl! I hope you guys are doing well...

Lauri said...

I think she looks so cute in her helmet. Especially since you dolled it up so nicely!